Apply for social security cover when working abroad – as employee

Udbetaling Danmark

As an employee, you can apply for Danish Social Security if you will be working abroad.

You will need this:
  • CPR number (Civil Registration Number)
  • date of employment
  • your most recent job if your employment has lasted less than 3 months
  • the company’s CVR number


  • previous work abroad, including employers and countries
  • accompanying family members
  • employment contract (attachment)
  • posting contract (attachment)