If you want to work as a psychologist in Denmark on a permanent basis using the Danish title “psykolog”, you have to have your foreign professional qualifications as a psychologist recognized by the Danish Supervisory Board of Psychological Practice.
If you want to apply for recognition of your professional qualifications the following documentation should be sent to the Danish Supervisory Board of Psychological Practice via the "Start"-button:
Certified copies of:
- Diploma(s)/certificate(s), in the original language for completed education in psychology,
- Transcripts, mark sheets or similar list(s) in the original language of courses passed on the Bachelor/Master's Degree in psychology,
- Translation into English or Danish of Diploma(s)/certificate(s) for completed education in psychology and of transcript(s), mark sheets or similar list(s) of courses passed on the Bachelor/Master's Degree in psychology, if the documents are not in Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, English or German,
- Documentation for name, birth, nationality and citizenship (copies of relevant pages of passport),
- Documentation for change of birth name, if any (such as marriage certificate)
- Documentation that states that the applicant is fully qualified to work as a psychologist in the home country/country of education, and has the right to work as a psychologist in that country,
- Documentation for work experience within the area of psychology, if any,
- Any possible documentation for having worked as a psychologist for at least one year within the last ten years in your home country, if the profession as a psychologist is not regulated in your home country.
Further documentation which is not compulsory to start with, but would be useful for the handling of the application and which may be requested later in the process:
- Description of courses passed as well as curriculum on the Bachelor and Master's Degree in psychology,
- Translation into English or Danish of the descriptions, if the documents are not in Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, English or German.
The Supervisory Board may request further information when handling the application.
The Supervisory Board may also have to make an inquiry to the Danish Agency for Further Education regarding the content of the qualifications in question before the board is able to make a final assessment of the qualifications.
We prefer copies of original documents.
We also need your contact information so that we are able to contact you during the process if we need further documentation and so that you can receive our evalutation. We recommend that you use the application form that the Board has made available. Application forms is available on the Boards webpage in both English and Danish:
The contact form via the "Start"-button is only available in Danish. Therefore it is also possible to send the application and documentation to email@example.com. (Note that it is not a secure email.)