Veterinary nurse (establishment)


If you wish to work permanently as a veterinary nurse in Denmark, you must obtain an authorization from the Danish Veterinary and Food Administration.

Dette skal du bruge:

If you are a veterinary nurse with a diploma from another EU member state, you can obtain an authorization as a veterinary nurse in Denmark by sending an application to the Danish Veterinary and Food Administration. In the application, you must inform us about whether you have completed your training as a veterinary nurse specializing in small animals/pet animals or horses. You apply by submitting the application, the information and the documents listed below:

  • Your full name and address, eventual address in Denmark and contact details such as phone number and e-mail address.

  • Proof of nationality (preferably a copy of relevant passport pages).

  • Diploma and other evidence of professional qualifications allowing you to perform the profession as veterinary nurse in your home country.

  • A description of the veterinary nurse education program including total study time and the ratio between theoretical teaching and internship periods.

  • Documentation for relevant work experience may also be included. This could e.g. be employment letters, letters of recommendation etc.

Requirements for the documentation The documents mentioned above must be either original documents or certified copies of the original documents and it has to be in the original language as well as in a Danish or English translation. All copies of the documents must be certified by a public authority, an embassy, a trade union or similar and translations must be performed by a certified translator and it must be clear from the translations which documents there have been translated. Preferably, the translation must be attached to the document that it has been translated from.

You may apply electronically via the "start"-button or by post to the Danish Veterinary and Food Administration. See contact details below.