How we process your personal data
Danish Energy Agency is the data controller for the processing of the personal data we have received concerning you. Our contact details are available below.
Carsten Niebuhrs Gade 43 1577 København V
If you have any questions regarding our processing of your data, please feel free to contact our data protection officer.
You can contact our Data Protection Officer, Bibi Amina Shah, in the following ways:
Styrelsen for Dataforsyning og Effektivisering
Telefon: +45 72545741
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- Personal data is collected from you in connection with inquiries to the contact points of the agency’s, which may result in specific case handling, for example registration of certified company for performing energy performance certificates.
The basis in law for our processing of your personal data ensues from:
- The legal basis for the processing of personal data is the Data Protection Regulation Art. 6 (1) (e) in relation to ordinary personal data
- Order No. 793 of 7. August 2019 on energy performance certificate of buildings
We process the following categories of personal data about you:
- Ordinary personal data as e-mail, name, address and phone number.
We disclose your personal data or make it available to the following recipients:
- Contact information of certified company for performing energy performance certificates are available to the public on sparenergi.dk and boligejer.dk. The data of your company will be available there, if you submit registration of certified company for performing energy performance certificates. In addition, the Danish Energy Agency transfer or disclose your personal data to whom it may be relevant to.
- We may also transfer your personal data if it is otherwise necessary for the processing of your inquiry, for example other public authorities, which must contribute to the information of the case.
- The Danish Energy Agency also transfer or disclose your personal data to processors who support the Danish Energy Agency's data and record keeping, depending on the circumstances.
- If we receive a request for access to your case, which includes your personal data, we will normally pass on the data, unless the data is confidential or there are special circumstances.
Personal data is collected from you in connection with inquiries to the contact points of the agency, or if you submit registration of certified company for performing energy performance certificates.
Currently, we cannot say how long we will keep your personal data. However, we can inform you that as long your company is a certified company for performing energy performance certificates, it is necessary to keep the data. Personal data collected in connection with inquiries or case processing will at some point be disclosed to the National Archives in accordance with the provisions of the Archives Act. The information can also be disclosed at the request for access
If personal information about you has been submitted, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. This can be done by contacting us.
If you choose to withdraw your consent, it does not affect the lawfulness of our processing of your personal data based on your previously given consent and up to the time of the withdrawal. Therefore, if you withdraw your consent, it will only take effect from this time.
Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation, you have several rights in relation to our processing of data concerning you. If you wish to exercise your rights, you must contact us.
**Right of access **
- You have the right to obtain access to the data we process concerning you, together with a number of other data.
** Right to rectification (correction) **
- You have the right to have incorrect data concerning you rectified.
** Right to erasure **
- In special cases, you have the right to have data concerning you erased before the time of our ordinary general erasure.
** Right to restriction of processing **
- In certain cases, you have the right to restrict the extent to which we process your personal data. If you have the right to restrict processing, we will henceforth only process information with your consent – with the exception of storage – or if a legal claim can be established, exercised or defended, or to protect a person or important public interests.
Right to object
- In certain cases, you have the right to object to our processing of your personal data.
** Right to transmit data (data portability) **
- In certain cases, you are entitled to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and to have this personal data transmitted from one data controller to another without hindrance.
You can read more about your rights in the Danish Data Protection Agency's guidance on rights of data subjects, available at www.datatilsynet.dk.
You have the right to complain to the Danish Data Protection Agency if you are not satisfied with the way in which we process your personal data. The contact details of the Danish Data Protection Agency are available at www.datatilsynet.dk.