If you wish to run a facility for cleaning and disinfection of vehicles used for import of live cloven-hoofed animals that facility must be approved by The Danish Veterinary and Food Administration.
An application for approval should be sent to The Danish Veterinary and Food Administration. The application should contain a detailed plan and description of the facility.
The following conditions must be met:
- Dedicated equipment for cleaning and disinfection of vehicles
- Physical barriers should be put in place when several vehicles are cleaned and disinfected at the same time.
- There should be suitable wastewater plants.
- Solid surface beneath the entire area.
- Facilities for storing manure and bedding.
- An agreement in place on the disposal of manure.
- Water in sufficient quantities.
- Disinfectants in sufficient quantities.
- Facilities to enable the personnel to issue documentation verifying cleaning and disinfection
After receiving your application The Danish Veterinary and Food Administration will contact you and arrange a control inspection of your facility. This control must be passed before you can provide your service.