If you wish to work as an operating manager of electrical plants in Denmark on a temporary basis based on foreign professional qualifications, you must have an approval issued by the Danish Safety Technical Authority.
You have to fill out the application form for approval. Once you have filled out the application, you can submit the application form and the required documentation via the 'Start' - button.
Persons who intend to work on a temporarily or occasionally basis in Denmark as an operating manager on plants, on basis of professional qualifications acquired in another EU or EEA country or countries with which the EU has entered into an agreement on access to pursue a regulated profession have to request for recognition of their professional qualifications.
Following documentation is required:
- Insurance agreement, where relevant, or other forms of personal or collective protection in connection with professional liability (enclose copy of policy)
- Documentation of citizenship in one of the countries mentioned in § 1, section 1 (enclose copy of passport, driver’s license, etc.).
- Documentation certifying lawful establishment in one of the countries mentioned in § 1, section 1 in which country you are pursuing activities as an operator of electrical plants or equivalent profession. Documentation certifying that at the time of issue you were not prevented from practicing your profession, even temporarily. Your profession must appear from the certificate.
- Proof of professional qualifications (enclose copy of certificates of professional competence; i.e. copies of your certificates of professional competence or of the evidence of formal qualifications giving access to your profession where applicable, or other relevant attestations of professional competence or of the evidence of formal qualifications).
- If the profession or the education of the profession is not regulated in the country in which you are established, you must proove that you have pursued the profession as an operator of electrical plants or equivalent profession for at least one year on a full-time basis or equivalent duration on a part-time basis during the ten years prior to the notification.
- Proof that you are approved or based on your professional qualifications, may be approved as the technically responsible person in an authorized electrical installation company in accordance with the Executive Order on the pursuit of technically responsible person in the field of electrical installation based on foreign professional qualifications, and documentation of relevant practical experience in the operation of electrical plants, in conjunction with § 11, of the Executive Order on the Safety of Operation of Electrical plants may be used as documentation instead of compliance with no. 3, 1st indent and no. 5, if it can be attested that at the time of the attestation, you are not prohibited from pursuing a profession as a technically responsible person in an authorized electrical installation company, even temporarily.
If you wish to work as an operating manager of electrical plants on a permanent basis, please apply here.