Food business operator (establishment)


Registration or application for approval of food business operators, incl. importers of food from EU or third countries, or registration of producers, business to business distributors, intra-community traders or importers of food contact materials.

You will need this:

If you want to start a food business, incl. import food from other EU Member States or third countries, or have activities relating to food contact materials (FCM) in Denmark, your company must be registered or approved by the Danish Veterinary and Food Administration (DVFA).

To register or apply for approval you must fill in a this form and send it to the Danish Veterinary and Food Administration via the "Start"-button. If your activities only require registration, you can start your food business after confirmation from the DVFA that your business is registered. If your activities require approval, the DVFA will inform you hereof in the confirmation e-mail and will perform an on-site visit before an approval may be granted.

The form must also be used to notify the DVFA if:

  • You want to take over an existing, active business (shift in ownership)
  • You have significant changes in your activities
  • You want to close down your business
  • You wish to trade food from other Member States into Denmark or import from third countries
  • Your establishment is the first place of destination for food of animal origin from other Member States, whether or not you are the importer.

If you wish to only provide services on a temporary basis, please read more and apply here.